Saturday 12 November 2016

Memories

Reflecting on my way to school, and I saw this trio riding their mountain bikes upslope. The lady was falling behind, and it suddenly dawn on me that life was a lot like that. The ride uphill is steep and often filled with obstacles and challenges. But the journey downhill will be a breeze. It'll be well worth it.

Suddenly remembered the many Cycling trips I had with this Friend, and the memories that I recalled made me laugh out loud! He'd just started learning how to cycle and was zigzagging along the tiny path when a professional cyclist shouted across while passing us by, "Hey stop zigzagging man!" I was so indignant about it and immediately shouted back in his defence that he was just a beginner. Such a beautiful Saturday morning. Shouldn't this beauty warrant a bit more graciousness? 

and the time when I got bitten 5,6,7 times by mosquitos for my greed, while attempting to collect green mangoes near the Road Safety Park.πŸ˜…

and the time my bike wires got "tangled" and the wheels won't move.. We had to drag my bike back to the shop only to find out that I had twisted the bike the wrong way...

and I took too long to shower, much to the annoyance of my Friend, hahahaha

And, and, and..

(I am starting to think that being my friend requires a ton of patience)

So thankful for this warm cocoon of memories to fall back on. *warm soapy bath of nostalgia*  When you were creating these memories, you'd never thought they'll be so beautiful and memorable many months/years down the road. 

My heart leaps at the thought of the adventures yet to come once my exams are over:)

No comments:

Post a Comment